best before 1999

Why is it that every time I have these grand notions of cooking I always am somehow deferred and wind up ordering take-out or eating what I like to call block of salt (Lean Cuisine's)?

Well, actually I know the answer to this. It is because for some reason or another I think you are not allowed to buy new groceries until every last nut, grape, chip, ounce of hummus, etc. is gone. Of course this typically causes me to eat meals that has previously consisted of a sandwich with mustard, cheese and pretzels. Doesn't sound half bad right? Well maybe if you're in second grade, but trust me - it ain't. It's like a party in your stomach and honey honey, that ain't where you want your parties happening.

Another side effect of this disease is having all your food go bad, and not realizing it until you're desperately scrounging to finish your food due to your made-up rule. Today I walked to the grocery store in the (light) rain so that I could finally use some pizza dough I bought... I don't remember when. And to get some trash bags considering my roommate and I have been living without for over a week now. Seriously, our apartment looks like a minefield of tied plastic grocery bags filled with trash.

I get home after picking up every other item I need to make pizza and what do I discover? The pizza dough expired a month ago.

Seriously?

No comments:

Post a Comment